Your car is more than just a vehicle that gets you from point A to B. If you’re like us, it’s a point of pride, and we like to keep it looking and running in premium condition. Here at Sam The Hubcap Man, we take pride in keeping our cars in top condition.
One of the best ways to upgrade the look of your vehicle is to upgrade your hubcaps. It’s a great weekend project you can do at home. But before diving into this quick how-to guide, know that quality hubcaps don’t come from googling “hubcaps near me.” Be sure that you are buying only the best car parts for sale. Stop by The Hubcap Man and find out why Florida has named us the industry’s best.
Find Quality Car Parts For Sale
The purpose of hubcaps is to protect the wheel. More specifically, the hubcap protects the wheel’s hub, protecting it from heat, salt, dirt and moisture – all things that cause corrosion, making it difficult to remove lug nuts and leading to costly repairs.
Why else invest in nicer hubcaps? Because they look fantastic! Doing the replacement yourself is also a great way to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. So come on, go all in! But don’t drop the ball on quality by purchasing generic “hubcaps near me.” Go for the quality you can trust. Come to The Hubcap Man for the industry’s best.
Removing Hubcaps With Lug Nuts Or Screws
Let’s get into the nuts and bolt. Before doing anything, make sure to park the car on a flat space, and put on the e-brake while you’re at it. You want to make sure the car isn’t going anywhere.
- Grab either a lug wrench or a screwdriver, depending on whether the hubcap has screws or lug nuts.
- Untwist by rotating counterclockwise. With lug nuts, keep two nuts on opposite sides because lug nuts secure both the hubcap and the wheel. You don’t want the whole wheel to come off! You’ll need to remove the washers and replace the lug nuts, tightening only to hand tightness. You can remove the remaining lug nuts afterwards. This allows you to remove the hubcap while keeping the tire in place.
- Attach the new hubcap, and replace the screws or lug nuts, remembering to reverse the process for removing lug nuts, so the wheel stays in place.
Removing Hubcaps Without Lug Nuts Or Screws
Again, make sure the car isn’t going anywhere!
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the hubcap from the wheel. When you hear a snap, move to another spot.
- Remove the hubcap.
- Replace with a new hubcap, lining up the whole, or cutaway for the valve stem, then tap lightly around the rim to make sure it stays in place.
- Finally, hit carefully with a rubber mallet to secure the new hubcap in place.
Whether you’re looking to do it yourself or for an auto mechanic you can trust, Sam The Hubcap Man is the spot for you. As one of the best car auto part suppliers and servicers in Florida, we take pride in all the cars we service. If you’re looking for car parts for sale, don’t trust your car to some second-rate garage you find by googling “hubcaps near me.” Make sure you select the industry’s best by selecting Sam The Hubcap Man! Give us a call and let us know how we can help you.